Saturday, October 09, 2010

Fall in NJ...
My favorite time of year!

Since the start of fall, we've been trying to take in as much as NJ has to offer. We celebrated the first day of fall by going to a farm with my friend and letting the kids climb the haystacks, feed the animals, etc. It was the perfect way to kick off the season!
Ethan on top of a HUGE stack of hay!

Addie tries to figure out what this hay stuff is...


Grants favorite spot was the picnic benches. He kept resting his head on the bench saying, "awww."
Addie runs through the hay stacks.
Ethan rests for a second from running through the hay tunnel.


Then, last week, we joined our playgroup to go to Ort Farms in Long Valley. We've gone for the past few years so it's become a little tradition of ours.


Addie finds a pumpkin to take home. She can't quite lift it yet!
Ethan found his right away. Score! (He had to make sure it had a nice stem and no yucky parts if it was coming to our house.)
Grant wouldn't really cooperate for pictures but I did manage to get this one quickly!
My munchkins enjoying the hay ride. (Can I just say how happy I'll be when the day comes that I don't have to constantly worry about them falling off of things!)
Me and the gang!
Ethan feeding the animals. He was pretty brave and got right in there with the corn kernals. Can we say HAND SANITIZER?!

We've got a few more weeks of beautiful fall weather so hopefully we'll have more adventures to come. Special thanks to Aunt Nic for furnishing the adorable Halloween shirts and to Grammy for Addie's darling sneakers. The kids got lots of compliments!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love NJ in the fall, and all the fun things to do.

Cabatic Family said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the farm. Wish that Cole and I were able to be there:( Love the kids outfits!!!

The Teeples Times said...

That was a lot of fun (both times). Thanks to good friends like you, we can enjoy the Fall together. Cute, cute kids, of course!!