Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ethan at 11 Months!!

I thought I'd take a minute to list some of the things Ethan does at 11 months. He's definitely transitioning from baby to toddler. I can't believe how quickly he learns new things and how much he comprehends. He keeps us hopping but we wouldn't have it any other way!

  • plays peek-a-boo
  • gives very wet kisses upon request (if he's in the mood)
  • actually pays attention to books we read to him and turns the pages himself
  • can do patty cake when we sing the song
  • claps and waves bye bye
  • LOVES to play with balls and can roll them to back to you
  • doesn't crawl but scoots to get to what he wants (for a visual, see prior video blog below)
  • can go from laying down on his tummy to sitting up
  • likes to share his food with mommy (mainly cheerios and his bottle)
  • gets bored with the baby food but loves bread, mandarin oranges, scrambled eggs, bananas, noodles, peeled grapes, and cheerios
  • pulls himself up into standing position
  • points to direct you to things he wants
  • spits out his baby food at you when he's had enough
  • and most recently, was spotted standing up without holding on to anything! uh oh!!
This is how I found Ethan the other day after
waking up from his nap. One handed!!

Ethan hanging in his crib!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any day now he'll be walking!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Ethan! :Cheering and clapping hands:

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Watch out--he may just skip crawling all together...I guess it's time to really baby proof your house!