Friday, January 12, 2007

It's Battle & Ethan Is Winning!

I don't know what the problem is lately but it honestly seems like Ethan woke up one day and decided that he wasn't going to take naps. Typically we would do a bedtime routine and then I'd lay him down in his crib and he would roll over and go to sleep. Well, those days are over!

In desperation, I went back to the Ferber method which says to let him cry it out (and check on him in intervals so he knows I didn't leave him). A normal child will tire out and eventually fall asleep. Not my child. He literally stands in his crib holding on to the side rail and cries for a full hour. I can't bring myself to keep putting him through this. We've had a little success by feeding him until he falls asleep but that's a habit I don't want to form. Hopefully this is just a phase that we'll get through. The alternative is that he is just like his father and is too busy to nap.

The good news is that he's been sleeping better at night, only waking up once for a minute. Aahhhh!

1 comment:

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Uh-oh! No more getting things done during the day--but at least you can feel refreshed enough in the morning now to battle the day! Hopefuully it's just a stage he's going through.