Clearwater Beach, Florida
That's right. Blake finally convinced me to go on a 4 day vacation without Ethan. I was incredibly hesitant about it but he made some great arguments. So, at the end of May, we left Ethan with my mom and flew to Tampa over the Memorial Day weekend. I have to admit, leaving Ethan was really hard at first. I cried many times before we even got to Florida. But, once we were there, it was easier. The weather was beautiful and the resort we stayed at was great. It had 6 swimming pools and 4 golf courses and wasn't too far from the beach. Below are some photos of the highlights. All in all, we had a wonderful trip thanks to all those who helped watch Ethan for us.

A picture of the gulf from the car. Beautiful!

A little boy's dream: Standing in front of Hulk Hogan's house!

An amazing sunset at Clearwater Beach.

Blake and Jen with sunset on the beach.

Eating at the famous Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on the beach. What a view!

Blake keeps cool under the umbrella at Honeymoon Island Beach.

Jen's favorite feature at the resort - the water slides. Yep, I'm a kid at heart!

It's not a beach vacation without our favorite drink - a pina colada!

We rented a waverunner for the first time ever and had a blast! Besides the saltwater burning my eyes and the very funky life vest sunburn Blake got down his sides (which he won't let me post), it was a great adventure!!

We ate breakfast at a very popular little restaurant called Yanny's which is famous for its French toast. Have you ever seen French toast like this? Yummy!
7 comments:
That water slide looks so fun. That DOES look like a fun place for a family reunion. What does everyone else think? I'm proud of you for getting away. It was worth it, huh?
I can't believe Blake made you stalk Hulk Hogan . . . it looks like you had an awesome time! I'm glad you took the chance to get away.
That looks like so much fun!! So glad you guys got away.
Good for you, looks so fun. We went to Cleawater for our honeymoon, I have always wanted to go back.
It looks absolutely beautiful there! I'm glad you finally listened to Blake and went.
you guys look like had a great time! I think it's good for all of us to leave our kids and get to know our spouses again every once in a while....I look forward to a time when I can do that! That french toast looks amazingly yummy!
I'm so glad you guys were able to get away! Good for you! That french toast looks amazing!
Post a Comment