Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday Boys!

This time of year is always crazy between Blake's birthday (1/23), our anniversary (2/1), Ethan's birthday (2/7), Valentine's Day, etc. We are in constant party mode! So, I thought I'd take a minute to document Blake and Ethan's birthdays.

Blake turned 31 this year and kept griping about how old he was getting. I'm 2 1/2 years older than him and whenever I tell him I'm getting old, he insists that I'm in the prime of life. I wonder how many years I can be in the "prime of life." His theory apparently only applies to me - not to him. Anyway, we celebrated with a quiet birthday party at home with some presents, lemon cake (his favorite), etc. Happy Birthday sweetheart!

Ethan turned 3 last Saturday. The poor kid - he was SO looking forward to his birthday but it seemed that everyone he knew was having their birthday first (cousin Lincoln, friends of ours - Baby Gavin and Ethan, Daddy, Aunt Cathryn, Aunt Nic). It was torture for the poor kid but his turn finally came. He chose to have a fire truck party so he gave out fire "chiep" badges to all our guests. The highlight of the party for him was definitely the pinata. He had to do that first, before anything else. We had a great time celebrating his little birthday with him. He's our little angel!
Blowing out candles on his cake (sorry - a little blurry).
The birthday boy got his very own Fire "Chiep" hat to wear along with a badge. So cool!

Whacking the pinata. He had so much fun doing this that we actually ended up refilling it and letting him do it again (luckily it only broke on one end so we could reuse it).

Candy HEAVEN!!
Playing with a new gift from Gemma. Poor little cousin Rylan had such a tough time trying to sit back and let Ethan open stuff. It's just too hard at their age but they both did very well together. We were so glad Rylan and his family could join us. Unfortunately Gemma, Pepe, Pat and Cathryn weren't able to come because they all got sick. We sure missed you guys. Luckily Nic and TJ were there to represent the family!

Ethan's big gift from mommy and daddy was a new "big boy" room. We painted the walls, bought some new furniture and decorated without him knowing about it. He was so excited about his new room. We were afraid he'd want his old room but he hasn't looked back once. So cute!
Family picture in Ethan's new room. Ethan looks like he's crying here but he's actually just being silly and uncooperative for the picture (I know, hard to imagine!). :)

3 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

I'm so glad he had such a good time! I love his new room - the furniture looks great!! What a handsome fire "chiep" he is!!

Natalie said...

So cute! I'm so sad we missed it! We have a goal of trying to come down to visit at least once a month until we leave. So maybe we can come see you guys in a couple of weeks during the break! love you guys!

Cabatic Family said...

Hi Jen I found your blog. I hope you don't mind i added you to my list. I can't beleive ethan is three. It sounds like he had a fun party. Love the new room!!