Thursday, April 02, 2009

Nursing Cover

Lately I've been feeling the pressure of getting everything ready for babies while I'm still a little bit mobile (well, barely). A month or two ago I noticed that my friend, Kristy, had this darling nursing cover that made nursing in public so much more convenient. It's basically a large piece of fabric with a neck strap (like an apron) but it also has boning at the top so you can peek down and check on baby and still be modest. No more trying to keep a blanket over you while the baby pulls it off!

I went home and looked them up at Bebe Au Lait and they were selling for $35-$40 and I thought, "I can make that!" So, here's the result of my little project. I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can't see from the front but on the backside of each lower corner, I sewed in little pockets where I can put binkies or nursing pads, etc. The entire project cost me around $14. Yay!

Bebe Au Lait version...

My version....

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey call me and tell me how you made that! I want to make some of those for friends! So cute and what a great idea! I wish I had one when I was nursing linc. Talk to ya later!

mindy said...

Great job! I'm impressed.

Kristy said...

Okay, you are amazing! It looks just like the ones you can buy...if not cuter! Awesome job! A little jealous of your sewing abilities:) Oh and super happy I made your blog! Yes! :) Oh and could your son be any more adorable?? Love the story!