Our Disney Vacation
Last week, we went to Orlando to attend the wedding of Blake's sister, Nicole to her fiancee, TJ. They were engaged over a year ago at Cinderella's castle so it only seemed right that they get married at Disney as well (Nicole is a HUGE Disney fan). So, it gave us a chance to take Ethan down there for the first time. Although the trip was packed solid with activities, we all had a blast. The whole trip between the plane ride, the rides, the pool, and seeing Mickey in person just blew his little mind. So, I'll apologize now for all the pictures but I didn't know how to narrow them down any more than this. These are some of my favorites from each day.
Day 1: Plane Ride/Magic Kingdom
Day 2: More Magic Kingdom
Our second day there, we started out at a hotel for the wedding rehearsal. Afterward, the guys hit the links for a full day of golfing at a pro course nearby and Nicole and I took Ethan back to Magic Kingdom for more fun. Since I don't have any pictures of Blake's golf outing, these are the pics of our day at Magic Kingdom.
Our second day there, we started out at a hotel for the wedding rehearsal. Afterward, the guys hit the links for a full day of golfing at a pro course nearby and Nicole and I took Ethan back to Magic Kingdom for more fun. Since I don't have any pictures of Blake's golf outing, these are the pics of our day at Magic Kingdom.
Day 3: The Wedding
The day started out very early with hair, make up and breakfast and Ethan was in a mood. I think the poor little guy was just exhausted and I was worried that he'd never make it down the aisle with the ring pillow. However, when he met his new friend, Rori (Blake's aunt's daughter -not sure what that makes them), he suddenly came to life. He was so happy to have another little person around to hang out with that I began to think that him walking down the aisle might actually work. I told him that I had to go ahead of him but that he was supposed to follow Rori until he got back up front to me. So, I nervously watched Rori and then Ethan walk out. As soon as Rori started dropping flower petals from her basket, Ethan immediately stopped in his tracks to pick them up. She dropped a few more and he walked forward to try to get them off the ground. I should have known that my little OCD child would be bothered by this! After she continued to drop flowers, he had this look of total frustration on his face when he realized he just couldn't keep up with her. He gave up and started walking over them. By this time, however, the entire audience was cracking up. It was so funny!
He finally made it up to the front to stand my me but it wasn't long before he discovered the big fountain of water behind us (the ceremony was outside at Epcot Paris). By the time I saw him, he had already managed to climb up on the edge of the fountain and get his pants all wet. People kept snickering in the audience and I ran over to snatch him away from the water. I was mortified that he was taking away their attention but I guess there's only so much you can do to control a 3 year old!
The day started out very early with hair, make up and breakfast and Ethan was in a mood. I think the poor little guy was just exhausted and I was worried that he'd never make it down the aisle with the ring pillow. However, when he met his new friend, Rori (Blake's aunt's daughter -not sure what that makes them), he suddenly came to life. He was so happy to have another little person around to hang out with that I began to think that him walking down the aisle might actually work. I told him that I had to go ahead of him but that he was supposed to follow Rori until he got back up front to me. So, I nervously watched Rori and then Ethan walk out. As soon as Rori started dropping flower petals from her basket, Ethan immediately stopped in his tracks to pick them up. She dropped a few more and he walked forward to try to get them off the ground. I should have known that my little OCD child would be bothered by this! After she continued to drop flowers, he had this look of total frustration on his face when he realized he just couldn't keep up with her. He gave up and started walking over them. By this time, however, the entire audience was cracking up. It was so funny!
He finally made it up to the front to stand my me but it wasn't long before he discovered the big fountain of water behind us (the ceremony was outside at Epcot Paris). By the time I saw him, he had already managed to climb up on the edge of the fountain and get his pants all wet. People kept snickering in the audience and I ran over to snatch him away from the water. I was mortified that he was taking away their attention but I guess there's only so much you can do to control a 3 year old!
The reception was a blast (though my feet and ankles looked like tree trunks by this point). Nicole had lined up a babysitter to help with Ethan which actually worked out really great. She kept Ethan busy so we could sit and eat in peace for once. Nic also had the DJ play Ethan's two most favorite songs (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun & Highway Star - he learned this one on Rock Band) and he couldn't help but hit the dance floor all by himself and show everyone his moves!
After the reception, we went home and napped so we had some energy to get back to Epcot. That evening, they held a dessert party at Epcot on the water where we could sit and watch the fireworks. It was a beautiful setting and a fantastic show. Ethan LOVED it!
Day 4: Animal Kingdom
Day 5: Chef Mickey's, Downtown Disney and Home
Afterward, we had some time to kill so we hung out at Downtown Disney and rented a pontoon boat for 30 minutes. It was so much fun. The weather down there was amazing. It was so hard to leave paradise to come back to New Jersey's 30 degree weather!
We got a little swimming in before we had to get on the plane. Ethan was asleep almost immediately after take off and slept for the entire flight. It was awesome. All in all, it was a wonderful and busy trip. I wouldn't recommend doing it when you're this pregnant but it's definitely one of those thing you have to do with your kids. I hope Ethan will remember it!
6 comments:
What a fun trip!!! I'm impressed you did so well being pregnant. Can't wait to take Charlie there sometime.
It looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you went.
Jen Ethan is sooo adorable! I am just dying over him in his tuxedo. What a hearbreaker. You look adorable too. I hope you are feeling well!
I love the cake too! I also love the pic of Ethan and the little girl - they do look like a miniature bride and groom. I wish I could have seen you in your scooter. I am so glad you guys were able to go - you needed it! You needed one more memory before those babies come.
It took while but we figured it out: Ethan and Rori are first cousins, once removed.
I loved all your pictures Jen! Disney World is just the best place! I love it so much! Ethan looks like he had a blast! You look awesome for being pregnant with twins!
Post a Comment