Catching Up
Wow, I can't believe the last time I posted a blog was back in APRIL! I guess that shows how crazy life has been for us lately. Honestly, the past couple of months have been some of the most challenging in our marriage. We've had some huge life events happen all at the same time so I wanted to take a minute to write about them.
A Tribute to Gemma
On Monday, May 11th, Blake's beautiful mother Michele Cooper passed away after a long battle with ovarian cancer. Neither of us have ever lost someone close to us so this was really a difficult time. I guess no one ever knows when your time is up but we were really hoping we'd have more time with her. I know she was trying to stay strong so she could meet our little babies but her body was just worn out. Taking her off of life support was probably one of the most challenging things I've ever experienced. Blake's whole family was amazingly strong through the whole thing and in a way, it really was a spiritual experience. I am going to miss calling Gemma to tell her about the funny things that Ethan did that day and laughing about all the funny things husbands do. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! I am glad at least that she isn't suffering anymore and that she's in better place. Part of me thinks that maybe she got a sneak preview of our babies up in heaven before the rest of us got to meet them. When I think about Gemma's life (by the way, she chose that name for herself because she didn't want to be called grandma:), I think of the scripture in 2 Timothy 4:7 which says, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." We love you Gemma!
Gemma and Ethan (her first grandchild) on Ethan's blessing day (March 2006).The Twins FINALLY Arrive
The best news we had was that both babies were born completely perfect and healthy. Grant weighed 5 lb. 12 oz. and Addison weighed 6 lb. 15 oz. I still can't believe I was carrying almost 13 pounds of baby! Early on in the pregnancy, the doctors feared that Addison had some major health problems and told us that there was only a 15% chance she'd even make it to birth. If she did make it, they told us that there was a very good chance that she would have a chromosomal abnormality such as Down's or Turner's syndrome. Every day of my pregnancy I was afraid that it would be the day I'd lose her. But, day after day she grew stronger and stronger and when she was born, she had no problems whatsoever. What a miracle! We know that the many prayers and blessings I received allowed both of these beautiful little babies to come into our home.
So, now they are 7 weeks old and as darling as ever. We don't get much sleep these days (3-5 hours a night on average) but somehow we're functioning (thanks mostly to my mom who helps me SO much). I figure, someday they will learn to sleep through the night, right? :)
8 comments:
Oh my gosh Jen!! Those babies are SOO cute! And Ethan looks so grown up! I am so glad things went well with your delivery and that the babies were both so healthy! I'm so sorry about Blake's mom. I know from experience how hard it is to lose a parent. I often feel my mom's presence and I know that she is watching over us and is still getting to see my babies grow. I hope that you and Blake will feel the same peace.
Have a happy Friday!
What a beautiful tribute to Blake's Mom. It's hard when you lose a parent. At times i wish my mom were here. I know that she and my father are watching from heaven and that gives me comfort. The babies are adorable and growing so fast!! Let me know if you need anything. Cole would love a playdate with ethan again.
Yea for your post! I absolutely adore my two new little buddies: Grant and Addie! You have been such a trooper and you and Blake are doing awesome! And yes, they will one beautiful, wonderful, and miraculous day sleep through the night. Until then, call and complain to me any time. I love,love the swing pic - adorable!
Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear about Blake's mom. What a difficult thing to face. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Ok and those twins are so adorable. Ethan is so cute with them I just LOVE it! I am especially happy to hear that they are BOTH in such perfect health. Congrats!
Congratulations of the beautiful healthy babies. I am so glad to hear that they are doing well. Adorable family!
Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy and tired schedule to update. I am so sorry to hear about Michelle and I have had you in my prayers since. I am so happy to hear the babies are healthy. You and Blake are amazing and I know the Lord is blessing you. I will keep you in my family's prayers.
You have always been such an inspiration to me and I look up to you greatly. You have always seemed like such a strong person, and unfortunately you have needed to prove it these last few months.
I am sorry to hear about the difficult times you have...but look forward to hearing about your new adventures with your babies!
I also know how scary low platelets can be since my husband has a blood disorder that causes that (got down to 1,000 at one point). Scary times.
I am also very excited to hear about TWO healthy babies. Sometimes it is impossible to deny God's hand in the miracles that take place in each of our lives!
Kerstin :)
Holy Cow. That is a lot going on for you guys. I am so sorry about Blake's mother. I know you guys will beable to keep her memory alive for your children. What exciting news about the twins. You guys are going to love having multiples. It is an unbelievable experience that does not end. love you guys...
Post a Comment