Sunday, March 14, 2010


Okay, I'm a little behind on blog posts lately. I lost my memory card reader and kept hoping it would turn up (which it never did). So, we finally bit the bullet and got a new one. Needless to say, I have some catching up to do!

On Feb. 7th we celebrated our little E-unit's 4th birthday. At first he wanted a Buzz Lightyear theme but we couldn't find much with that so he quickly changed to Lightning McQueen. Here are some pic's and some of the best video clips from the day. So fun!

Playing with the balloons. Who knew they could be so much fun. I would slide them along the floor and he had to jump over them before they touched his feet. Great game!

Lightning cake. Remind me next time to just order a Costco cake and call it good. This cake had a million different colors. Ugh!

Blake was in charge of hanging balloons and streamers. I'm pretty impressed, actually, with his decorating skills. Not bad!
New bike! The thing that stinks about having a February birthday in New Jersey is that he won't be able to ride it for a while still, unless he rides around the basement!

Another b'day gift - firefighter costume. This kid loves dressing up into cool guy outfits!
Poor Blake - he doesn't quite get all the hoopla that Ethan gets on his birthday. He did, however, get his favorite lemon bundt cake. Yummy! Happy 32nd Blake! Thanks for being the world's best husband and daddy!


Here are a couple great clips from Ethan's birthday.

Ethan's sweet birthday wish. We've never even talked to him about making a birthday wish so this was completely off the cuff. So sweet!


After several whacks at the pinata only yielding a few hershey kisses at a time, we decided to give the pinata a little assistance while Ethan wasn't paying attention. This was the grand finale after about 10 long minutes of whacking! There's nothing cuter than a little boy who gets a pinata all to himself!

7 comments:

Just a girl said...

Wow, did you make the cake? It was fantastic! Looks like it was a fun birthday. I really liked Ethan's birthday wish...he is too cute!

Bethany said...

great cake. Awesome wish. the whole this is priceless! miss you guys.

The Koffords said...

Cute blog Jen....I LOVE the birthday wish! I see those cake classes REALLY paid off---that car is amazing

Sarah said...

What fun! Great job on the cake, Holy Moly! I love his sweet wish and it was good to see everyone in the video. Happy Birthday Ethan!

The Teeples Times said...

Happy birthday to your two BIG boys! Jen, your lightning McQueen cake is AWESOME!! Way to go!! I've made that lemon cake a couple of times now - way too delicious!!

Cabatic Family said...

Love the cake!! You did a GREAT job! Cole wants a Buzz lightyear theme party. The only place I could find buzz lightyear decorations was online. I'm surprised they don't carry it at the party store. Happy Birthday to Blake and Ethan!

Natalie said...

Jen you are amazing when do you find the time??? I miss you all so much! Scott and I are throwing around the idea of trying to make it out there for Christmas... It is super up in the air but we are going to try! Love you!