Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Yummy!

the good...


Last week, Ethan attended a week long sports camp in our township for two hours a day. We thought this would be the perfect introduction to sports because they taught the kids how to play t-ball, soccer and football. He had an absolute BLAST! We only had a few instances where I could hear the coach say, "Ethan...stop playing with the ants and get ready to catch the ball!" What can I say, he's such a little boy!

Playing t-ball...
Throwing the football with Coach Mike...
Doing soccer drills...
the bad...

The other day Ethan was playing on the deck looking at a daddy long leg. I went to the door and told him to come in (it was rainy) when suddenly he started jumping up and down and screaming at the top of his lungs. I had no idea what was going on until he blurted out, "I GOT STUNG BY A BEE!!" The poor little guy got a bee sting on his ear! He was pretty hysterical for a while. Here are some pictures of the damage...

Can you guess which ear got stung?







So sad!

the yummy...

We discovered some raspberry bushes near our house growing wild so Ethan and I started picking. He lasted about 2 minutes and then was too freaked out about a bee getting him. So he sat in the car shouting for me to keep picking more. We came home with a huge bowl full which Ethan polished off in a day. So delicious!



Our loot...


Chowing down. There's nothing like fresh raspberries. Yummy!

4 comments:

Sassy Salisburys said...

och! So jealous of the raspberry patch, not so much the bee sting. I love his little sad face though - so cute.

Aunt Nic said...

Cracking me up! I love that he sat in the car yelling for you to keep picking. That's my little guy!

Emily said...

The ear that was stung looks terrible! Have you ever seen the movie Pure Luck? It reminds me of that.

Natalie said...

Oh his poor little ear!!!! I'm with ethan, scared to death of bees! Those raspberries look AMAZING!!! I think it is raspberry season here too:) I need to go pick some up after reading this!!! I LOVE you all and miss you so much!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!