Mommy's Little Helper
Lately Ethan really thinks that he is a big boy and wants to do everything mommy does. For example, I was sweeping the kitchen and he freaked out until I let him have the broom so he could sweep. When I make cookies or dinner and have something to stir, he throws a fit until I give him the spoon so he can try it himself. We're a great team, however, when it comes to laundry. He LOVES pulling the clothes out of the hamper and putting them in a basket to take downstairs. It's so cute!
In "not so cute" news, he's showing the first signs of tantrums. Uh oh! The other day he flopped down on the floor and started banging his head against the floor. Today when I walked into the next room, he started hitting the chair of the seat while he screamed. I swear, the kid will do anything to get my undivided attention. He's getting sneakier too. Lately he's been throwing his food off his tray across the room when he doesn't want anymore. So, we've started doing a 2 minute time out where he stays in his high chair but is facing the corner of the kitchen. We've only done it a few times but it seemed as though he was getting the message...until today. He had been handing his food to me when he was done but today he discovered something new. He realized that if he hid the food by his legs and feet, that I wouldn't see it. What a stinker!
Anyway, the pictures below show him sweeping and getting into plastic silverware that he found in a kitchen drawer. I seriously can't take my eyes off of him for one second. He's fascinated with taking things out and putting them back in. He does this with his toys, the box of Q-tips, and recently his food. He takes the food off the plate and neatly puts it all back on. I don't know...is this an OCD thing in the making??? :)
1 comment:
Ethan is getting sooo cute, but it sounds like he has a few of Uncle Arch's traits! Like the tantrums and sneeking food. Boy oh boy are you in for it. He looks like he is a great helper!!!Aunt Laurie
Post a Comment