Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ethan at 20 Months!

Last Friday I took Ethan in for his "18 month" checkup. Okay, I'm a little late - I know. In the craziness of the move, his appointment got pushed off. Anyway, I thought I'd take a minute to post a few things about our little guy.

Height - 60th percentile
Head Circ. - 70th percentile
Weight - 20th percentile (he weighed 22 lb. 13 oz.)

The doctor was a little concerned because it looked as though Ethan hadn't gained any weight since his last appt. 5 months ago. But, Ethan was just recovering from a tummy virus which could have caused some loss of weight. But, he did great on everything else. He asked if Ethan could stack things (ha ha - if he only knew!), if he could say at least 5 words (he's talking so much that I can't keep up with his little words), if he could put words together (he can do a few of those (over there, right there, where is she, etc.) and if he was drinking milk. Ugh oh. Ethan still refuses milk but he said if he was eating cheese and yogurt, then he's fine. Anyway, it looks like our little guy is on track. He's at such a fun age.

Some of his favorite foods are: pasta, marshmallows, cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, bananas, carrots, mac & cheese, ice cream, french fries, chicken, toast, pb&j sandwiches, oreos, cheese nips, and popcorn.

His favorite activities are: waking up at 5:45 a.m., going on the swing, tickling daddy and running away, getting swung in a blanket, playing with mommy's hair, taking a bath, doing cattle drive with dadddy (riding on his back), watching Barney, playing with any sort of ball/bat, watching the garbage truck drive by, looking for school buses & coloring on walls.

Ethan insisted on wearing Jen's socks!
Ethan in a superman outfit (courtesy of Grammy Pettitt). This reminds me of a much younger Blake!
Ethan finds a new way to play with the truck Gemma Cooper gave him!
Ethan HAD to put the mouse's shoes on. They actually fit!

5 comments:

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Jen, He is so, so cute! I absolutely LOVE the superman costume! What a ham! You need to give that boy more grilled cheese sandwiches and fatten him up!

mindy said...

5:45 am and coloring on the walls! That is not so good. He is so advanced! I can't believe it. So we finally got Charlie drinking tons of chocolate milk. All we had to do was tell him it was chocolate and put it on his tray for every meal. At first he would only take a sip, but now loves it. You could try that with Ethan. Maybe it would work? Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

It's Su-fi man! I am a little worried that the mouse's shoes fit Ethan . . . maybe the mouse is underweight too?

LJABC and D said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is, and how cute!! Seriously, I only remember him as a baby and it's so fun to see him getting bigger. Don't worry about him being small, Brooks is 22 or 24 lbs too at 2 years and it's ok. He has started eating a TON lately so maybe they just go through spurts. JJ

Erica said...

I love the superman! So cute! What a skinny little guy. My baby was 22 lbs at his 12 month appt. But my 3 year old is a beanpole. You may be joining me in the "parents of skinny kids club." All the parenting articles are geared towards feeding children healthy food to prevent obesity... I ignore those and sneak butter and sugar into everything I can for Isaac to try and bulk him up.

Cute pics of Ethan. He's a doll!