Friday, December 14, 2007

Catching Up!

Okay, let me first defend myself for not blogging in FOREVER! After Halloween I got on the computer to post a blog and found that my username and password (which are always populated in the fields) were gone. And, of course, I couldn't remember what they were. So, Blake finally figured it out for me and so here we are - trying to catch up on 1 1/2 months!

Halloween with Ethan was a blast. We taught him to say "trick or treat." Actually, he only really got the "treat" part of the phrase. He had a great time going trick or treating and getting a bunch of candy. Tim, Kimberly and their little guy Rylan came down to go with us which was so much fun. The boys rode from house to house in a little wagon as our little zoo animals. It just gets more fun with each new year.

Meanwhile, Thanksgiving was great because my whole family got together. It doesn't happen that often so it was a nice treat. Ethan had so much fun playing with his cousins. I think Sammie could have chased him around the kitchen island for hours before he'd get tired of it. We managed to get a group photo in that will be out of date in February when Scott and Nat have their little boy!

Last weekend we spent a few days with Blake's family and extended family. Blake's parents treated us all to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. It was fabulous! They had 3-D effects, real snow fall from the ceiling, Santa, and, of course, the Rockettes. It was a really fun night out!

As for the little guy, he's learning more and more every day. He has started counting (although it's nowhere near perfect), he knows most of the animal sounds and has about mastered all the basic shapes. We're still working on colors - that's not quite sticking as easily! He has somehow learned to use words such as no, mine, and share (usually in the same sentence). Our favorite thing is to watch him kneel down for family prayer and hold our hands or fold his little arms. It is so precious.

So, that's the latest in a nutshell. I'll try to write more soon!

Ethan fascinated with the dry ice at Halloween.
Jen, Blake, Ethan, Kimberly, Rylan and Tim after going trick or treating.Jen and Ethan at a lookout point in NJ.
Blake and Ethan at the lookout point.

Ethan enjoys the fall leaves!
Celebrating Pat's birthday!
The Pettitt clan at Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

mindy said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys!! I've was thinking about you today at lunch and wondering what you were up to. I love that Ethan knows so much. Counting and shapes? That's awesome. Keep sharing photos. I love them.

Cheryl said...

Hi Jen
I stumbled onto your blog from Erica's while looking for info on Aimee. Your blog is so cute, it's fun to see what you're up to. Tell your mom I said hi. You can check out my blog, although I'm not very good at updating it.

Cheryl(Barton)Edmunds