Firsts
It's been a while since I had a blog entry so I thought I'd take a minute to document some firsts that we've had recently.
- Ethan is sleeping in a big boy toddler bed. I was so nervous about the transition but it went so smoothly. The first night I tucked him in and waited for him to immediately jump out of bed. I was shocked that after 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes...there was no movement - no noise! Amazing! The next morning at about 6:30 a.m. Blake and I woke up to Ethan standing next to our bed saying, "Time to get up! I took a big night night!" I can't tell you how it FREAKED us out to see him standing there in our room. This is a whole new world that we're getting used to. Good job Ethan!
- My exciting news is that we got a new dining set. I honestly think that the only furniture we've ever purchased since we've been married (almost 7 years) is our couch set. Everything else was hand-me-downs or out of the trash because that's all we could afford while in school. So, Blake agreed to let me get a new dining set a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. Finally we can seat more than 6 people at our dining table. Yay!!
- A couple of weeks ago Ethan attended his first actual birthday party for his friend Dallin. They went to a place called Clown Around where there was an indoor playground, etc. He had a blast playing with all the kids!



6 comments:
Congratulations on the dining table. It's gorgeous and I can only imagine how beautifully decorated your home must be!
Yea! Love the new table. So jealous. I'm so glad that Ethan transitioned so well.
Te dining set is beautiful..well worth the wait, wasn't it? Way to go Ethan! Gemma is so proud of you, sleeping in your big boy bed.
Good to hear the transition to toddler bed was smooth. Savannah was smooth but with Christina it was a party because she was in a room with her 2 older sisters! Your furniture is beautiful! How fun!
and first "shockadoody" in the potty too, right? I love your dining table, it's beautiful! We loved having Ethan at Dallin's birthday party - thanks for coming!
Hey Jen! So I was going to send that picture of you up on Mt Washington, but our hard drive fried...It was devastating actually. We lost every picture we have ever taken for like three years!! Thank goodness for blogs eh? Well I love ya and hope things are going well!!
Post a Comment