A Rough Few Days
Ethan has really outdone himself these past few days. I thought I'd share a few of the things he's been up to.
A few days ago Ethan woke up around 11:00 p.m. whining. This is not uncommon since he is constantly moving around in his crib and occasionally wakes himself up when he rams into the crib bars. Anyway, Blake said to just wait and let him cry for a minute to see if he'd go back to sleep. Unfortunately he started crying so we went in to check on him. When we went in, we were horrified! He had somehow wedged his little leg in between the bars in his crib and he couldn't pull it out. We quickly got his leg out but now there are little bruises on both sides of his leg just above his knee. Poor little guy!
On Saturday I took him to the store to pick up a few items. Almost the second I put him in the shopping cart, he started to freak out. He was whining to get out and pulling on my shirt for me to rescue him. As we walked through the aisles he'd grab at anything he could get from off the shelves and then scream if I didn't let him have it. He started screaming at the top of his lungs for me to hold him. I was able to pacify him for a few minutes by letting him play with my cell phone but after he dropped it a number of times, I was forced to take it away. I finally gave in and held him on my hip while trying to push the cart. Again, he wasn't happy unless he got to push the cart by himself with me holding him. It was quite a scene. Finally, I couldn't take the screaming anymore. I grabbed my purse, left the cart and its contents behind and bolted out of the store. As soon as we left the store, he was perfectly content. He had won and he knew it!
6 comments:
I'm so sorry Jen. That must be so frustrating!
Oh boy . . . looks like the terrible twos are coming early. Hang in there, Jen.
Wow...what a story. Looks like he knows who's boss. Isn't it funny what they'll do to get your attention? Ethan 1, Mommy 0 (well not really)!
Jen! It's so fun to find your blog from your Christmas card. Ethan is so so cute and has really gotten so big! Anyway, welcome to the fabulously frustrating world of toddlerhood! The story is funny and all too familiar! It gets better - right around 3! Hugs!
Monique
This is Aunt Laurie and I know what you are going thru. I have to deal with Uncle Arch like that 24/7. Just be glad that you have SOME control. He throws fits in the store all the time. Ask Emily!
I have been sending him instructions by stealth.
I'm glad to see they are working!!!!!
Uncle Arch Rules!!!!!
Post a Comment