A Few Different Updates
You'd think I'd learn. Yesterday I geared up to go to the grocery store with Ethan. I put him in one of those carts with the car in front of it thinking he might like facing forward and driving. Well, we got through about three aisles before he started trying to climb out the window. He'd look back at me and cry for me to get him. I finally gave in and put him in the front of the cart by me. Of course he immediately protested grabbing my shirt and pitching a fit. I was determined that this was one battle I would win. He was staying in the cart! Finally, when he realized it was fruitless to try any longer with me, he started crying and reaching out to the older ladies as they'd pass by us with their carts. He was desperate! They were all very sweet and got a good laugh out of it. We survived the trip (barely) but I'm thinking next time, I'll let Blake give it a try! Haha!
Ethan went to the doctor last week for his one year check up. He weighed in at 21 lbs. 4 oz. and was 30 inches tall. Everything was going fine until the doctor decided to listen to his chest. If you were a parent in the waiting room, you would have thought the child was being tortured! He screamed and screamed. It only got worse when she tried to look in his ears. By the time he got a shot in his little leg, he was a mess. He flashed a look of disgust and horror at the doctor and nurse who immediately left the room so they wouldn't upset him any more with their presence. Poor little guy!
As I've mentioned before, Ethan is a crazy sleeper. I've given up on him ever staying under his blankets. Last night I went in to check on him and this is how I found him. How can he sleep like that?
3 comments:
Jen, I'm so sorry about the shopping. Have you tried bribing him with treats? I take food with me and give Charlie crackers. It ususally keeps him happy.
This kid is a crack up! I can't believe him...it's a good thing they are so stinkin' cute or I don't know what we'd do! We are so glad Ethan liked the valentine...we should have included some candy so he could eat that instead! What a funny little guy! Love you guys!
That little man is going to grow up to be a heartbreaker!!!!
What a doll
Cousin Erica
Post a Comment