Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ethan-isms

Ethan is officially 23 months old so I thought I'd take a minute to write about some of the things he does that are so funny!
  • When he tries to say his name, it comes out sounding like C.C.
  • Doesn't quite get the concept of pictures and tries to grab the people out of the pictures - he gets very upset when he can't do it!
  • Wakes up in the morning saying, "Jenny...are you?" (where are you?) He calls me Jenny when he's really trying to get my attention
  • Loves trucks, cars, baseball, hats
  • Loves READING about trucks, balls, boats, Barney, animals, etc.
  • Loves to play "chase" - basically Blake or I will chase him around a dividing wall in circles - he could literally do this for hours if we didn't pass out from exhaustion!
  • Reverses some of his letters, e.g. snow becomes nose
  • Loves to take baths - has had some infamous "doodie" incidents in the tub
  • Loves watching Thomas the Train, Barney (of course), Bob the Builder
  • Favorite foods: Macaroni and cheese, toast, oatmeal, bananas, ravioli, cheesy tater tots (courtesy of Burger King), yogurt, cheese, apple juice, fish sticks, mandarin oranges, grapes and chocolate; still hates milk!
  • Claps his hands and shouts "Yay!" after each hymn in sacrament meeting
  • Still addicted to his "baba juice" - don't know how I'm going to break him from that one
  • First thing in the morning, hands me my pants and sweatshirt and says "Dressed!"
  • Has started cupping his hand and saying "cweer" - a.k.a - Come here
  • Can count to 10 (but gets stuck on 7 quite often)
  • Knows all the basic shapes (triangle, square, circle, heart, star & rectangle)
  • Loves: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Popcorn Popping, Patty Cake, & The Wheels on the Bus
  • Can make the animal sounds for just about all the animals - my favorite is the duck because he uses his little hand to make a duck beak while he quacks - so cute!
  • Loves to help mommy with household chores: sorting laundry, scrubbing the floor, sweeping, throwing diapers away, etc.
  • Has had some interesting incidents recently: 1) he climbed up on the conveyer belt at the grocery store when I wasn't looking; 2) successfully chucked his Thomas train at mommy's head (ouch!); 3) freaked out while sitting on "Tanta's" lap; 4) dumped a container of strawberries all over the grocery store floor - he followed that up by dumping all his goldfish on the floor a few aisles later; and 5) got sprayed all over his shirt, face and hands with mustard yellow doodies by a nearby child getting his diaper changed at church - poor little guy!
Needless to say, it's always an adventure with this little guy. He keeps us busy and laughing every day. We sure love him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan should have his baba-juice for as long as he wants it! I can't believe the little guy will turn two soon. It's been so much fun to watch!

LJABC and D said...

Can you believe how fast it goes (once they stop screaming their heads off)? I think Barney is creepy, but every kid on earth loves him. What's up with that? What a big boy he is. JJ

Jenn said...

Ethan is such a cutie. I wish we saw more of you guys. It looks like he is really growing up now-a-days. I can't believe how big he's getting and how smart he is. I think it's funny he calls you by Jenny. My boys still have never done that.