Happy 30th Birthday Blake!
Today Blake turns the big "30" and I'm thrilled. Finally he can't harass me about being in my 30's while he's in his 20's. Ah, the things you have to deal with when you marry a younger man! Although his birthday is today, we took advantage of his day off on Monday and celebrated his birthday then. He keeps insisting that the royal treatment should continue throughout the week since it's "birthday week." :) I'll have to remember that when August comes around and the tables are turned!
So, on Monday we treated Blake to his breakfast of choice: omelet, hash browns, toast & OJ. After breakfast and some play time with Ethan, Blake got to open his presents. He got some new clothes (workout and casual), a new ski jacket and pants and skis. He was pretty excited to say the least. He's learning to ski and absolutely loves it. So, Monday afternoon he and I drove out to PA and went night skiing. As beautiful as it was, I have to say that we were FREEEEZING! It was about 11 degrees (not counting wind chill). The rides up the lift were the worst! But, we had so much fun skiing and just being together.
When we got back, we had his favorite cake (lemon poppy seed bundt cake) that his mom always made for him growing up. I gave it my best shot but I'm not sure I'll ever make it as well as Gemma does. All in all, I think he had a fun day. Honestly, it is so fun to spoil him. Ethan and I love Blake so much and are so happy that he's a part of our little family. Happy Birthday sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment