Ethan's Baba - Help!
Okay, I really need some advice here. Ethan is turning 2 on Thursday and he he really needs to get off the "ba." At his 18 month dr. appointment, the doctor told me that by age 2, he needs to be weaned from it. The hard thing is that he uses the baba to comfort himself to sleep at naptime and at bedtime. He's not really interested in the drink but it's a soothing thing for him. I'm afraid that once I take away the ba, his good sleeping routine (which is the best it's been in 2 years) will go out the window. I've been looking on the internet for ideas but haven't found any great solutions yet. So, if you have any advice, I'd LOVE to hear it!
5 comments:
I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem. Why can't Ethan have his baba?!?!?!
I say you need a new doctor. Aunt Nic's pediatrician said that no child ever shows up at kindergarten with a bottle. And sure enough, Aunt Nic, who had a baba until she was 3 or 4, did not go to kindergarten with a baba, and she has turned out okay. Gemma says"fill it up".
Hey- its Christie (barton). I got your blog from your mom's. I have an 18 month old who also loves his "boo", as he calls it. Let me know if you find anything that works :-). Its fun to see pics of you and your cute family! It makes me miss NJ.
My advice is don't get rid of it until he's ready. It's not worth it. When kids are ready to do things, it's so much easier! Isaac gave up the bottle at age 3, and by then, he had no problem. (Of course we did get weird looks at church when we brought him a bottle)
Grammy says to lighten up too! Of course I'd give him OREO's at bedtime to go with it : )
Post a Comment