Friday, February 29, 2008

Lullabye, and Goodnight:
A Tribute to Ethan's Naps


As you all probably know, naptime for Ethan has never been an easy task. We've gone from only napping in mommy's arms, to only napping in the car or carseat, to finally napping in his crib. Today however, was particularly entertaining so I thought I'd take a minute to write down Ethan's dialogue with himself.

(This is what I heard on the monitor after he finished off his baba):

Mommy....are you?
Mommy....are you?

My coat. Mine! Mine! Mine! My coat!

Mommy....Boo!
Mommy....Boo!

Mommy at work?
Mommy work?

Wawa down, wawa down... (no idea what that was about)

Mommy wake up, C.C. (Ethan) wake up!

Ethan wake up!

Baba juice! Baba juice! (soon after that he must have chucked his baba across the room because I heard a thud!)

[Crying, crying]

This went on for almost 45 minutes so by the end, I was literally walking into his room to get him because I figured a nap wasn't going to happen. When I poked my head in, I saw him laying down whining so I quickly shut the door and he fell asleep within a minute.

So, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Ethan naptime pictures over the past year or so. Enjoy!
This is how I found Ethan two days ago. I had the monitor on and suddenly heard music go off. Yes, he had rolled onto his doggie which sings a birthday song. I went to his room to remove the doggie because he had miraculously slept through it (or so I thought) and couldn't resist taking a picture. Of course, the second the flash went off, he was up!
Ethan asleep in his favorite spot eating some sort of lunch (not sure what the food was because daddy was babysitting. Any guesses?)
Ethan crashes on the chair at the pool!Ethan falls asleep during the ovarian cancer walk with his new Barney doll from Gemma.

Ethan crashes in his highchair while eating lunch. Poor little guy!

3 comments:

rachel said...

He's quite the little talker! So cute...don't you wonder what goes through their little heads?

Elder Josh Pettitt said...

When I babysat for you he woke up and was calling you the same way...soooo cute! I don't know how you don't just give him EVERYTHING he wants!
Grammy would : )

Christie said...

They're so sweet when they sleep.. I love the high chair one. I have a very similar picture of my little one who just couldn't stay awake another minute during his dinner.