Friday, February 01, 2008

Welcome Lincoln Scott Pettitt!

On Wednesday, Jan. 30th, my brother Scott and his wife Natalie were blessed with their first little baby. After 30 hours of labor (poor Nat!), he finally arrived weighing in at 6 lb. 12 oz. and 20" long with lots of dark hair. My parents, Emily, Ethan and I all drove up to Hartford that afternoon to see them. The whole way up, Ethan kept saying, "baby counin" and "Wincoln." When he first got to see Lincoln, he tried to grab his head and pull him toward him. After we all freaked out and pulled Ethan away, he learned to give him very soft kisses which was so cute. He just couldn't kiss his little baby "counin" enough. It was so fun to visit with them and see that sweet adorable little boy. We love him already and are so happy that he's part of the family!

I was also able to meet up with a couple of my friends from Hartford (Joelle & Mindy) while I was up there and have dinner with them. It was a special treat to see Mindy since she lives in Utah and just happened to be there that week for work. Thanks for the fun night ladies! I miss you guys!

Ethan, Lincoln and me in the hospital room. I couldn't believe how tiny he was - it was like holding a feather! I had never experienced that since Ethan was born weighing 9 lb. 1 oz.
Ethan going in for a kiss!
The proud parents: Natalie, Scott & baby Lincoln. Nat looks so great!

2 comments:

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Hurray! It was so great to see you! Ethan was so fun! And Lincoln really is so cute! I am glad you were able to get some pics!

Margo said...

How fun to have a cousin. Are they in Hartford for school. We would love to go back for a visit. Have a wonderful day.