Saturday, April 28, 2007

An Update On Last Week

This last week has been a little hectic so I thought I'd take a minute to highlight a few things.

First, Blake found out on Friday that he passed the CT Bar! I'm so proud of him. He took the bar in the middle of busy season at work (February) and I have no idea how he found the time. But he somehow managed to sneak in some studying and it paid off. Good job Blake! Let's hope this is the last one!

Ethan had his very first ear infection. :( He had been sick with a runny nose and cough for about a month. I think he got back to back colds but this last one developed into an ear infection. Luckily, he LOVES the taste of amoxicillin so he's on a speedy road to recovery.

In other Ethan news, back in February we got him a plastic swing for his birthday. Now that it's finally warm enough for him to use it, he can't get enough. The problem is that he can see it from the living room window so as soon as he sees it, he starts pointing. The other day, he was up at 5:45 a.m. (as usual) and saw his swing. He walked to the window and started pointing and whining. Then he walked to the back door and tried to open it so he could get to his swing. So, there I was at 6 a.m. in the backyard swinging Ethan. I'm glad he likes it but this is getting a little ridiculous! Blake and I literally have to spell out S*W*I*N*G when referring to it so that Ethan doesn't hear us mention it!

A note from me....this week I checked out "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer from our library. It is the sequel to her first book, "Twilight," which I read last week. Anway, once again I was sucked in and read this one in a day. So good! I can't wait for the next one to come out in August! So, now I need another book that will give me a good fix like those two did. Any suggestions out there??

4 comments:

mindy said...

So that's so cute that Ethan loves the swing, but 5:45? If you put him to bed later, will he sleep later? Congrats to Blake! You must e-mail me and tell me more about your thoughts on New Moon. And lastly, you can try Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I thought it was good. It's a trilogy. Uglies, Pretties and Specials

Brittanie said...

CONGRATS BLAKE!! That's great news!! I'm sorry about Ethan's ear infection! I know all about those. Keslie had a million this last winter.
Just a few more months until the next book comes out! I think it's Eclipse. YAY!! Dying to know what will happen!
Have a happy day!

Jenn said...

So...are you really coming back to CT!? We would love to see you guys more! We've missed you but love checking your blog for updates!

Anonymous said...

I really don't understand the problem. If our boy wants to swing at 5:45, he should be on the swing at 5:45.