Monday, April 09, 2007

Walking!

A week or two ago, Ethan suddenly took off. We knew he was close to walking because he'd walk back and forth to us - gradually going longer and longer distances. But honestly, it was like he woke up one day and decided to go! Now he walks everywhere and I quickly realized I was in BIG trouble! So, we invested in a baby gate which, as you can see, Ethan was less than thrilled about. However, it gives us some peace of mind knowing he's contained. He's so proud of himself that he's such a "big boy" now!

We're also amazed at how much he understands. He can now point to his nose, eyes, feet, tummy, and most recently ears when we ask him to. He will also tickle you, blow kisses, give kisses, hand over things when asked, smile for the camera and brush his hair. If only I could get him to drink milk! Any ideas out there???

This is how I cought Ethan the other day. I was literally
sitting on the couch next to him while he played but
within 5 seconds, this is what he did. What a stinker!


2 comments:

mindy said...

Congrats Ethan! I must say that I'm glad to know that Charlie isn't the only one that won't drink milk. The only way I get any milk in him is by putting it in his oatmeal in the morning. It's not nearly what he needs, but better than nothing.

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! Seriously, though, I'm glad you put the new picture up, I was going to tell you that the others were making me sad . . . poor little guy behind bars!